Other, United Kingdom
Expires in: Aug 07, 2020
Experience: 1 Year
Our vision is for a York where everybody has a home, where those who have been homeless before are rebuilding their lives, and where the city works together to beat the underlying causes of homelessness.
We provide a loving space where lives can be restored. Everyone deserves a place they can call home, but society’s injustices can put unbearable financial and personal pressure on some people. Where that gets too much, and people have become homeless, Restore relieves the pressure. We provide safe and stable homes, one-to-one mentoring, love, mental health support, social activities and the offer of Christian support and prayer. Through our work, we also show that by easing the pressure that leads to homelessness, we can create a better society for all of us, freeing more people to achieve their full potential.
Restore is an anti-poverty charity that works with people of any faith or none. We are grounded in Christianity, particularly in scriptural calls to engage in social action and to pursue justice. Restore’s founders were inspired in particular by Isaiah 58, a rallying call to us all to get out of our comfort zones, conversations and huddles and to instead take action to help those in need and to oppose injustice.
· Help conduct interviews for prospective tenants.
· Complete induction paperwork with new tenants, such as pen portraits and needs assessments.
· Completing support plan paperwork and writing an action plan of how to support a tenant during their time at Restore.
· Assisting the tenant in progressing through their action plans by providing support or referring to agencies who can provide more specialist support.
· Attending appointments with tenants as well as assisting them in completion of paperwork and phone calls.
· Assessing need, and providing support necessary to aid the physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual wellbeing of tenants.
· Assisting tenants with their benefits claims to ensure that they are receiving the money to which they are entitled.
· Attending social events run by Restore for its tenants.
· Conduct weekly visits to properties to check on the safety and security of the property.
· Collecting top up and rent from tenants.
· Reporting maintenance issues to your line manager and/or the maintenance team.
· On occasions assisting contractors with access to properties in order to complete works.
· Assisting with on call procedures throughout evenings and weekends.
· Attending the weekly staff team meeting and leading staff devotions as part of the rota.
For full list click on the job description and person specification.
*This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.